If you own a landscaping business or perhaps just have a very expansive lawn, a commercial lawn mower could be the ideal investment to help keep your lawn trim and neat. It would also help you get the job done faster and easier.
Commercial lawn mowers are designed to do just that. Not only do they make it easier to trim a huge lawn and get it done faster, but they also offer far better comfort than a push lawn mower.
We have compiled a convenient list of the best commercial lawn mowers available on the market. That way, you can browse freely at your own leisure and choose whichever one suits your needs the best.
In a rush? Here's our top picks of 2020:
Best Commercial Lawn Mower Reviews
Snapper 560Z Commercial Lawn Mower
- The integrated cargo bed dumps to the rear for easy clean-out and...
- Built for high-performance applications, the...
- Commercial-inspired components such as rugged 1.5'' x 2'' Steel front...
- Wide, 61” fabricated mower deck made from thick 10-gauge Steel with...
- Easy-to-use lawn mower controls, including a fuel-level indicator, are...
Like all of Snapper’s tractors and lawn mower equipment, the 560Z is designed to be as simple as it gets. Featuring plenty of beneficial extras, as well as all the necessary equipment to make mowing the lawn much easier, it is the ideal purchase if you are looking for the simplest solution. With easy-to-use controls, simplified maintenance, and versatile extras, it is a brilliant investment, especially for landscapers.
The Snapper 560Z is sold in four optional choices, one of which is fitted with a Kawasaki 24HP engine, while the others are fitted with either a 24HP or 25HP Briggs and Straton engine. It is also available in variable deck sizes ranging between two options of either 52 or 61 inches. Regardless of what option of engine and deck you use, the 560Z will mow down any lawn in no time and with little effort.
All of the available models feature an all-steel welded construction that is tough and reliable and will ensure long years of service even on rugged terrain. All the available models also come standard with Hydro-Gear ZT-3200 transaxles that will provide smooth cutting even when changing directions or at variable speeds. It also comes with an optional cargo deck that tilts to the rear when dumping, making it easy to clean and off-load. This feature is ideal for transporting tools, equipment, and other gardening supplies.
The 560Z also features steel front axles and a wrap-around front steel bumper to ensure that it can handle any terrain and all the duties that would be expected of it. The fuel tank is also fitted with a wide-mouth gas fill to reduce spillage and ensure that it is filled easily without any difficulty. With all the features packed into the Snapper 560Z, it is the best choice for landscapers and a convenient solution for any homeowner. Keep in mind, the price will increase if you buy all the added extras.
- Fitted with a variety of engine choices ranging from 24 to 25 horsepower
- Deck sizes range from 52 inches to 61 inches, both large enough to make any lawn easy to mow
- Rugged all-steel construction that is guaranteed to provide lifelong service
- Features high-performance transaxles and a steel front bumper to ensure it is capable of handling tough terrain
- Simplified design and extra features that makes it easy to use and a convenient solution
- Models with additional features like the cargo bed will cost more
Swisher Z3166CPKA Big Mow Commercial Zero Turn Mower
- Patented Rapid Response Control system for improved comfort and...
- Commercial Grade 31 HP (999cc) Kawasaki engine
- Hydro gear 3400 transmissions with electric PTO warner clutch
- Heavy duty, commercial Grade cast iron blade spindles with 3 G6...
- Electric deck height adjustment and electric tilt up deck for easy...
If you are looking for a commercial lawn mower that has the versatility to do everything, then the Big Mow from Swisher is an ideal choice. The Z3166CPKA is fitted with a powerful motor and is equipped with dual fuel tanks to extend its running operation. It also features plenty of design improvements that make it easy to use and maintain, while providing excellent performance that can tackle any size lawn and rugged terrain.
The Big Mow Z3166CPKA is fitted with a 31HP Kawasaki motor that is both powerful and reliable. It delivers superior performance, and combined with the 61-inch cutting deck, it will mow through any lawn effortlessly.
The Big Mow is also fitted with a foldable rollover protection system. It also comes standard with an adjustable seat that features suspension technology to make using the machine more comfortable. It is operated by a rapid response control system that is designed to be as ergonomic as it is easy to use, making the Big Mow Z3166CPKA one of the most comfortable choices available.
The front deck makes it easy to mow in low clearance space and is designed to help the operator keep a keen eye on the mowing path. It is electronically adjusted and can tilt upwards for easy cleaning and maintenance of the blades. Also, it is fitted with large rear wheels that are propelled by individual Hydro-Gear 3400 transmissions. This makes it easy for this mower to navigate rough terrain, and with standard LED night lights, it would even be possible to keep mowing at night.
It is constructed from fabricated steel that provides it with a durable construction that is guaranteed to last. The only thing that might be a problem with this model is that it does not feature a cargo deck, making it less practical for landscapers. However, because of its two four-gallon tanks, the need to continuously refill the tank is reduced.
- Constructed from fabricated steel that will ensure long years of service
- Fitted with a very powerful 31HP Kawasaki engine
- Rapid response control system makes it very comfortable and easy to operate
- Designed to make mowing tough terrain an easy task with extra-large rear wheels and a rugged transmission system
- Features plenty of features that extend its operating time, including lights
- Does not feature a cargo bed, which reduces its practicality for landscapers
Husqvarna MZ61 Commercial Lawn Mower
- 24 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and high ground...
- Roll-over protection system (ROPS) ensures safer operation in all...
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 61 in. cut...
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple...
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration...
Husqvarna’s MZ series of lawn mowers are designed to provide the ultimate in performance and convenience. The MZ61 is no different, and with a wide 61-inch cutting deck, it provides the best performance in the whole series. Powered by a strong and reliable motor, it is designed to mow through any lawn effortlessly and is ideal for large commercial work or residential convenience.
The Husqvarna MZ61 is fitted with a 24HP Kawasaki engine that provides reliable power with easy start-up and high ground speed. It features an 11-gauge steel cutting deck that measures 61 inches and that is easily adjusted from the operator’s seat by convenient and easy-to-use controls. This will help it mow through tough jobs far quicker and easier than any traditional mower.
It features a steel rollover protection system to ensure safety on any terrain and easy recovery if the machine were to tilt over. This model also features a high-back seat that is made for comfort. The seat features vibration dampening technology, as well as armrests and foam-padded hand grips on the controls, all to provide comfort and ergonomy for the operator.
The MZ61 is constructed with a durable, all-steel, oversized chassis and frame, providing ensured durability that will last through the toughest jobs and provide excellent service season after season. This mower has extra-large wheels and a durable axis that provide the MZ61 with all-terrain maneuverability, allowing it to cut where other machines would fail. It also features a mulching kit and bagger attachments, but these would have to be bought separately if desired.
- Constructed with a tough, durable, all-steel frame and chassis
- Powered by a reliable 24HP Kawasaki engine that features easy start-up
- Comes with a 61-inch, 11-gauge, steel cutting deck
- High-back seating and ergonomic controls provide the operator with unmatched comfort
- Designed for all-terrain mowing and features vibration reduction technology
- Mulching kit and bagger attachments are sold separately
Swisher Commercial Pro Rough Cut Tralcutter
- 14. 5 HP (603cc) Kawasaki electric start engine
- Single-point Height adjustment - 3-in to 7-in range
- 2. 5 gallon fuel capacity
- Heavy duty stump jumper and 2 break away swinging blades cut most...
- Standard lawn and garden Battery not included
The Swisher RC14544CPKA is a trail cutter that is designed for heavy-duty performance but requires a vehicle to drag it along. For those who want to save the cost of using a mower that would be heavier on fuel, a trail cutter is an ideal option. By using the motor of a mower to only power the blades and not drive the machine, you will save plenty of money on expenses. Meanwhile, you will still be able to get the job done as quickly and easily as you would with any other commercial mower.
The Swisher Pro Rough Cut is fitted with a 14.5HP Kawasaki electric start engine, which is dedicated to providing blades with heavy-duty strength. Combined with twin blades and a heavy-duty stump jumper, it takes little effort for even the toughest jobs, effortlessly cutting through stumps as thick as 3 inches in diameter.
It easily attaches to any ATV or UTV, with an all-new hitch design that is improved for easy maintenance and tougher durability. The hitch features articulating functions and is fitted with a tough, 2-inch ball coupler that is constructed from strong materials.
The hitch also offers easy, tool-free adjustment and can fold up to save storage space. It features a remote operation control console that allows you to engage and disengage the mower from a safe distance. With the relocated battery and solenoid, you can also enjoy the benefits of tool-free access to the battery. It is also protected from damage and other elements, making it more reliable than other models. Unfortunately, the U1L required battery is not included and has to be bought separately.
- Improved hitch design that easily attaches to any ATV or UTV towing vehicle
- Hitch is fitted with articulating adjustments, allowing it to fold up for easy storage and unlimited adjustments when operating
- Blades are powered by a dedicated Kawasaki motor that provides 14.5HP and features an electric start
- Remote control console allows the operation of the machine from a safe distance
- Saves you money on fuel and reduces the overall operation cost
- Battery is not included and requires separate purchasing
Simplicity 2691318 Courier Mower
- The exclusive suspension comfort System complete with front or front &...
- A fully-welded steel frame, thick-walled pivoting front axle, durable...
- Trusted, durable and powerful engine options from both Briggs &...
- Easily adjust between 13 different height-of-cut positions from 1.5 to...
If you are looking to focus on something simple that will not compromise the cut quality or the beauty of the lawn, then Simplicity is the manufacturer to trust. Like all their creations, the 2691318 Courier Mower is designed for simplified use rather than fancy gimmicks that do little to improve the quality of your lawn. Opting for more practical features, the Courier Mower is the best choice for those looking to buy a simple but efficient commercial lawn mower.
The Simplicity Courier Mower is constructed to be smaller than most commercial lawn mowers. This reduces the space it takes up when being stored and creates a far more durable machine. It is constructed with a fully-welded steel frame that is both tough and reliable and will ensure that it provides years of service. It also features an exclusive suspension system that is available in two options, specifically front or rear and front suspensions.
The suspension comfort system can reduce up to 25% of the impact, mostly depending on the conditions of the lawn. It comes with available choices in engines ranging from 21.5HP to 25HP Kawasaki or Briggs and Stratton and deck sizes of 42 to 52 inches. Also, it is designed to take on any lawn and mow through tough conditions effortlessly. It also features durable deck construction on all models, as well as ball-bearing equipped spindle castors.
These will ensure it provides high-quality cutting for years to come. An optional cargo bed is available on the 2691318 models, but it will cost you more to have it included. The different motors and deck sizes will also cost more if you opt for stronger and larger ones.
- Constructed from an all-steel frame that is fully welded to provide lasting durability
- Features an exclusive suspension system that reduces up to 25% of all impact
- Available with optional Kawasaki or Briggs and Stratton motors
- Takes up less space due to smaller, compact design
- Ball-bearing fitted spindles ensure the blades will provide lasting cutting quality
- Optional cargo bed available at a higher cost
- Variable deck sizes and engines increase with price as they increase in size and power
For whatever purpose you would want to invest in a commercial lawn mower, these fine products will have all of your needs covered. Whether for residential use on an extra-large lawn or for a landscaping business, there is bound to be an option that will strike your fancy. Feel free to purchase one today, and enjoy the comfort and convenience that these machines were designed for.