The best mower for your needs should fit within your budget and provide efficient output. This guide looks at the best gas lawn mower under 200 to help you find an ideal pick for your price point.
A lawn mower will cut down your gardening efforts significantly. Instead of paying for professional maintenance or spending hours doing it yourself with ineffective means, a lawn mower could help cut down the time it takes to cut down your grass.
But you may not always have a big budget allocated for your mower. Some models on the market may also be a bit high end, which is usually as a result of their features. This article will explore the best gas lawn mower under 200 to help you meet your landscaping needs without breaking bank.
PowerSmart DB2321P gas powered lawn mower
- Powered by 196 cc engine delivering the right amount of power in a...
- Easy pull starting
- 3-in-1 bag, side discharge and mulching capability allows you to...
- 5-position height adjustment allows you to change the cutting height...
- 2 Years Limited Warranty
The first of two gas powered models under 200 by the brand, the PowerSmart DB2321P gas powered lawn mower is a great pick for discharge and collection. It offers an alternative to the similarly friendly priced DB2321C, which is ideal for efficient output. This model features a large collection bag, which ensures you can work without any interruptions.
It features an adjustable cutting height and very high performance blades, which makes the mower a great pick for heavy duty work. The wider cutting surface should also provide more value in terms of work efficiency. You will have no problem pushing or storing the mower thanks to its lightweight frame. This does not compromise on the durability, since the sturdy mower also features steel reinforcements in its deck. It is a very easy to maintain option which should offer no problems for a long time. The power rating is also impressive for a compact pick.
- Compact and easy to store
- Comfortable to move around
- Powerful cut for fewer passes
- Ideal for heavy duty work
- Not the best for mulching
Hyper Tough 961140034 gas powered push lawn mower
No products found.
The lack of an electric start key should not deter you from a great pick. The Hyper Tough 961140034 gas powered push lawn mower is an otherwise handy model with a proprietary Prime N Pull starting system that still delivers high efficiency when starting your mower. This mower offers a sufficient cutting width for middle to small sized lawns, but delivers a thorough cut. The adjustable blade arrangement and powerful engine should ensure detailed and consistent outcomes when mowing. It is not a great pick for heavy duty work, but it will guarantee quality output over along time. The model is pre-installed when bought, which saves you a healthy amount of set up time.
- Pre-assembled when bought
- Very easy to use
- Powerful cut
- Doesn’t offer an electric start
PowerSmart PS76215A lawn mower
- PowerSmart 36V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for...
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for...
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range...
- 14-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium...
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering...
The PowerSmart PS76215A lawn mower is a high end budget alternative to the brands PS76215A. The key difference is that this model is designed to handle mulching better, while the PS76215A is more appropriate for bagging. The quality of both models is outstanding. They feature a great design and high quality build, as well as decent fuel consumption levels. This mower will ensure a thorough cut, thanks to its powerful engine. It is deal for tight spaces, thanks to its mid-range cutting width and efficient output. The model is also very easy to use and store, and should not offer any maintenance problems. If you are looking for an ideal mulching mower for under 200, the PS76215A could be a great bet.
- High quality build
- Powerful cut
- Very easy to use and store
- Doesn’t offer electric start
Yard Machines 140 cc OHV gas powered walk behind lawn mower
- POWERFUL ENGINE: 140cc reliable engine equipped with recoil start and...
- MUTLIPLE HEIGHT SETTINGS: Dual lever height adjuster with 6 different...
- 2-IN-1 CUTTING DECK: Side discharge and mulching capabilities.
- EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE: 21" cutting deck to assist you in trimming...
- DURABLE TIRES: 7-inch and 11-inch wheels with bar treading capable of...
YardMachines are dedicated to quality products and the Yard Machines 140 cc OHV gas powered walk behind lawn mower is no different. This high quality mower features a reinforced deck for added durability. It also features a large set of front and rear wheels that allow for increased control when mowing. The mower also offers a powerful cut, which combines with the ease of control to ensure a precise finish. With his mower, you can cut your grass at different heights thanks to the adjustable wheels. We also like the powerful stock blades, which contributes to the models compatibility with heavy duty mowing needs.
- Powerful performer
- Powerful engine
- Very easy to control
- Large wheels and sharper blades for precision cutting
- Some assembly might be required
PowerSmart DB8621C gas powered push mower
- 170CC OHV GAS ENGINE: 4-strock engine equipped with recoil start, just...
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING DEPTH: 5-position height adjustment allow you...
- 21 INCH MOWING DECK: Cut a wider path with patented cutting technology...
- LAWN MOWER with BAG: rear capabilities with bag help you collect the...
- CUSTOMER SATISFICATION: PowerSmart is always aiming on providing great...
The ProsPowerSmart DB8621C gas powered push mower is a great value pick for a powerful cut. This model delivers the performance of gas powered mowers in a higher price point due to its high capacity engine and top tier design. Aside from the comfortable handles, the model also features an adjustable cutting height and a large set of front and rear tires for better control when in use. It is a value pick under 200, and it will deliver your desired output even on medium to larger lawns. We also like the easy pulling start, which is the most efficient of any pulled start models we’ve looked at.
- Good cutting width
- Adjustable cutting height
- Best pull starting for any mower we’ve featured
- Doesn’t feature a grass collector
Hyper Tough 961140034 gas powered push mower
The Hyper Tough 961140034 gas powered push mower is a sturdy and powerful pick. This mower is designed for added traction and increased cutting efficiency. It features an adjustable cutting height for full convenience when working and is a very efficient pick. With a 4.5 torque output on a 125 cc rated engine, you will be guaranteed full service on even the toughest lawns with this mower. The model is also very easy to use, and should offer no problem on slippery turfs.
- Very easy to use
- Powerful output
- Adjustable handle for comfortable grip
- Not a great fit for bagging
What makes electric and gas lawn mowers so different?
Gas powered mowers and electric mowers each have their strengths and weaknesses, which makes some options better suited for your needs than others. This segment explores the different features of the two types of mowers to help you get a better understanding.
The firing of the internal combustion chamber in the engines of gas powered mowers will make them louder than electric models on average. Some gas powered mowers are designed for friendly noise levels, but this is usually limited to only a few models. On the other hand, electric mowers run on electric motors and are usually more quiet than gas mowers.
In terms of other emissions, the fuel combustion of gas powered mowers is more likely to result in fumes. Electric mowers do not offer this challenge. Modern gas models have also developed emissions friendly outputs for added value to the environment.
Maintenance and storage
Older gas models were bulky and very demanding in terms of maintenance. There has been significant changes in the design and build aspect, which has contributed to easy to maintain gas mowers today.
Many models feature polypropylene builds and superior engineering for efficiency and high output performance as well as increased ease of storage. Electric mowers offer a modern approach to design, allowing for increased ease of maintenance. They feature retractible handles and lighter frames as well as a more compact build.
Gas powered mowers are on average more budget friendly than electric powered mowers. They will usually offer a better value for money buy when comparing the sets of features. However, the initial cost of each type of mower will depend on the range of features.
The lack of a tether makes gas powered models more mobile than some of the electric models on the market. They do not need to be connected to their power source, and can be fueled instantly for a sustained output. Corded electric mowers will be limited by the length of their cords.
If you have a larger patch of lawn, you might be required to buy an additional extension cord to get your mower working well. Cordless models offer a rechargeable battery, but this can cut down some of the convenience if you have to recharge your mower while working. He increased mobility makes gas powered models better suited for larger lawns, while electric models are ideal for compact patches of work.
Despite their advancements, electric mowers do not have the power rating of gas alternatives in a pound for pound comparison. Gas powered mowers will deliver a great quality output even on tough grass, and will also run for longer. They are better suited for very heavy duty work, and will be ideal for bagging too. Electric mowers will have a shorter running time, but they are generally better for mulching.
Troubleshooting your gas mower
The best gas mower will offer a sustained performance with minimal maintenance needs. It can still be challenging to understand what the problem could be in case your mower stalls or fails to start. Some problems experienced by lawn mower owners can be easily adjusted for a quick fix. We look at some of the top tips to help you fix your mower yourself, and too do it quickly!
If your mower wont start
- Consider replacing or cleaning your air filter
- Your fuel might not be reaching the engine. Tapping the carburetor lightly could improve its flow.
- Consider cleaning and readjusting your spark plug.
- Remove any old gas and replace it with a fresh batch, especially if the old gas is discolored or has debris.
If you lose power when mowing
Your air filter could be responsible.
- The height of the grass may be overwhelming. You can ensure consistent power by raising your cutting height.
- Your mower blades may be dull or bent. You will need to sharpen or replace them according to your needs. Remember to check in with us for help on finding the best mower blades for you.
- Maintaining your mower could help improve aerodynamic flow and power output.
If your mower is smoking
You should not panic. Many DIY enthusiasts will give up on fixing their mower when they spot signs of smoke when it may be very easy to address. Your mower will break out into smoke if the oil chamber in your engine is overloaded, or if your oil is leaking into the exhaust muffler. It might even be as a result of a spill caused by unexpected tilting. You may only need to consider a professional tune up if your mower is bellowing lighter colored smoke and experiencing regular stalling.
The Hyundai 99 cc 4-stroke gas powered lawn mower is our top pick for the best lawn mower under 200. The alternatives featured all present value for money picks. They could help you get an ideal mowing experience without blowing your budget. For us, the Hyundai 99 cc 4-stroke gas powered lawn mower
Stands out due to its increased quality and efficiency. While it offers a smaller cutting deck, it will ensure a thorough cut with minimal noise and great fuel consumption rates. It also requires hardly any maintenance and guarantees increased durability. This mower will help you keep your lawn looking neat with minimal efforts and costs.