If you own a landscaping business or perhaps just have a very expansive lawn, a zero-turn commercial lawn mower could be the ideal investment to help keep your lawn trim and neat. It would also help you get the job done faster and easier.
Zero-Turn Commercial lawn mowers are designed to do just that. Not only do they make it easier to trim a huge lawn and get it done faster, but they also offer far better comfort than a push lawn mower.
No matter whether you’re a residential owner or a professional landscape contractor, anyone would love to have their lawn fully manicured, clean and green– a sight for sore eyes.
Zero turn mowers are the perfect choice for pastures with multiples obstacles as well as for your commercial lawn cutting company.
Why Choose A Zero Turn Mower?
Commercial Zero turn mowers are pretty similar to traditional riding mowers. The key difference that makes this so convenient is that the turning radius is almost zero – meaning they are swift, stylish and comfy!
Not just that…instead of a steering wheel, you are ought to control it using the 2 levers on either side of the seat. Sounds similar to the video games you play right?
Before we start, make sure to take notes of what your mowing needs are and how compatible these mowers are to them, in terms of speed, engine power, size, nature of ground, local dealer availability, cleaning and maintenance requirements.
In a rush? Here’s my top pick of 2021:
Troy-Bilt Mustang Z42
Best Commercial Lawn Mowers of 2021
I have compiled a convenient list of the best commercial zero-turn lawn mowers available on the market today in 2021. That way, you can browse freely at your own leisure and choose whichever one suits your needs the best. If you don’t need a new model there are also sources to buy used lawn mowers.
1. Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series
The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower is another great option for first time zero turn riders as it is unbelievably easy to operate and control even for a beginner.
You might have seen this mower being used for commercial purposes on the internet. Fair enough, it does live up to the hype with its premium designed features, built to provide comfort and swiftness.
The 23 Hp, Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine gives you the ultimate power to mow your lawn perfectly for a highly professional manicured look.
The standard bagging system, great suction capability and heavy duty tubular construction is for sure a combo to never miss! With proper maintenance, this mower will last an eternity for sure.
Specifications and Features
- Powered by Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine with 23 horse power, this commercial grade mower will enable you to mow acres and acres of grass at one go.
- The hydrostatic drive system is designed by ‘Dual Hydro Gear’ ZT-2200 (EZT) which is ideal for smooth and effortless operation with non-shifting transmissions.
- Offers you an excellent grass cutting experience with 13 different height positions. (Maximum height is 4.5 inches)
- The high back comfort plush seat with quality, padded armrests and cup holder will make you feel as if you’re working from your armchair.
- The 52 inch, 11-gauge heavy duty welded mower deck along with fabricated triple blades, is built stout and sturdy to reduce your traditional mowing time by half.
2. Swisher Z3166CPKA Big Mow Commercial Zero Turn Mower
- Patented Rapid Response Control system for improved comfort and...
- Commercial Grade 31 HP (999cc) Kawasaki engine
- Hydro gear 3400 transmissions with electric PTO warner clutch
- Heavy duty, commercial Grade cast iron blade spindles with 3 G6...
- Electric deck height adjustment and electric tilt up deck for easy...
If you are looking for a zero-turn commercial lawn mower that has the versatility to do everything, then the Big Mow from Swisher is an ideal choice. The Z3166CPKA is fitted with a powerful motor and is equipped with dual fuel tanks to extend its running operation. It also features plenty of design improvements that make it easy to use and maintain, while providing excellent performance that can tackle any size lawn and rugged terrain.
The Big Mow Z3166CPKA is fitted with a 31HP Kawasaki motor that is both powerful and reliable. It delivers superior performance, and combined with the 61-inch cutting deck, it will mow through any lawn effortlessly.
The Big Mow is also fitted with a foldable rollover protection system. It also comes standard with an adjustable seat that features suspension technology to make using the machine more comfortable. It is operated by a rapid response control system that is designed to be as ergonomic as it is easy to use, making the Big Mow Z3166CPKA one of the most comfortable choices available.
The front deck makes it easy to mow in low clearance space and is designed to help the operator keep a keen eye on the mowing path. It is electronically adjusted and can tilt upwards for easy cleaning and maintenance of the blades. Also, it is fitted with large rear wheels that are propelled by individual Hydro-Gear 3400 transmissions. This makes it easy for this mower to navigate rough terrain, and with standard LED night lights, it would even be possible to keep mowing at night.
It is constructed from fabricated steel that provides it with a durable construction that is guaranteed to last. The only thing that might be a problem with this model is that it does not feature a cargo deck, making it less practical for landscapers. However, because of its two four-gallon tanks, the need to continuously refill the tank is reduced.
- Constructed from fabricated steel that will ensure long years of service
- Fitted with a very powerful 31HP Kawasaki engine
- Rapid response control system makes it very comfortable and easy to operate
- Designed to make mowing tough terrain an easy task with extra-large rear wheels and a rugged transmission system
- Features plenty of features that extend its operating time, including lights
- Does not feature a cargo bed, which reduces its practicality for landscapers
3. Husqvarna MZ61 27 HP Zero Turn Mower, 61-Inch
- Husqvarna 61 in. zero-turn lawn mower from the MZ series delivers...
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine provides reliable startups and high...
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 54 in. cut...
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple...
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration...
If you’re looking for a comfortable, commercial zero turn mower with excellent engine support and superior level of productivity, then this mower is definitely the smartest choice.
With the excellent features and specifications, this mower promises you the maximum comfort, support and faultless safety.
Rides can be slightly rough on bumpy roads, but still, this mower will reduce your mowing time by half. This is a highly desirable attribute in terms of commercial mowing needs as time equals to money!
As a matter of fact, the riding experience is much smoother when compared to traditional mowers, thanks to its 27 horse power engine and durable 6-inch wide caster wheels with tough pneumatic tires.
Specifications and Features
- This mower comes with a 3-blade cutting system that narrows the mowing time to just a few minutes under the sun.
- The cutting deck is designed and fabricated at 61 inches, providing you complete support and ease.
Supported by Briggs & Stratton 27 Hp, endurance V-twin engine, it ensures you an optimal mowing experience.
- The hydrostatic gear transmission feature provides you the perfect combo of responsiveness and convenience.
- The ergonomically designed cutting deck lift is assisted by the pedals for you (the user) to make quick adjustments from your seating. This accelerates the grass cutting duration by a notable amount.
4. Husqvarna 967334101 MZ54S 25V Commercial Zero Turn Mower, 54″/Twin
- Air induction mowing technology draws air from the top and bottom of...
- The reliable Endurance Commercial 25 HP engine with cyclonic air...
- The stamped cutting deck is reinforced with heavy flat-stock steel for...
- 3 year limited consumer warranty
The Husqvarna 967334101 MZ54S is an excellent choice when it comes to high level of productivity and comfort. It comes with a heavy-duty frame of steep and a hydraulic system which assures you the best mowing experience.
The collective features are excellently designed in this model – for example the air induction deck of steel for a good mulching performance. Property maintenance is a major must which shouldn’t be neglected with this mower in order to maintain the quality at all levels.
With 25 Hp and 724cc, the engine is a highly reliable one, giving you a powerful ride and fresh cuts. It offers a smooth and clean performance with its cyclonic air filtration system.
Specifications and Features
- Extended lifespan with Briggs & Stratton Endurance® V-twin engine 25 Hp, and 724 cc.
Cutting Width of 54 inches.
- Pedal-assisted cutting deck lift for quick alterations, while seated.
- Durability and strength are the master features in this model.
- It works on the technology of air induction mowing – draws in air from the top and bottom of the deck. This helps improve the lift of the glass for finer cuttings.
- It includes an oversized chassis.
- 6 inches wide caster wheels.
- Manual foot operated deck lift system.
3-in-1 (Side-Discharge/Bag/Mulch) cutting option with 12 deck positions.
5. Troy-Bilt XP 25HP 60-Inch FAB Deck Zero Turn Mower
- Powered by a thrilling 25HP Briggs & Stratton commercial turf engine
- Equipped with a durable 60-inch fabricated deck
- Electric "Power Take Off" for fast and easy blade engagement
- This zero-turn mower provides precise maneuverability for unbeatable...
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty
This mower includes a package of features that will enable you to effortlessly mow your lawn faster. It offers a comfortable ride and performs the mowing process swifter than you might expect.
It’s the perfect replacement for an old traditional mower because one can now enjoy the ‘power take-off’ technology for quick and easy blade engagement. This performs any task in almost no time.
The Troy-Bilt XP 25 HP 60-inch FAB deck Zero Turn Mower is the perfect solution for someone who doesn’t want to spend hours and hours mowing. Trust me, this does the job real quick!
Specifications and Features
- This commercial zero turn mower is powered by the commercial-grade engine of Briggs & Stratton with 25 Hp and top forward speed of 7mph.
- The mower comes with a 3-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
- With 60 inches of fabricated deck, it provides a comfy and durable, long lasting experience.
- Committing to the title of electric ‘Power take off’ technology, the blades have easy engagement and give you the sharpest cuts.
- The mower’s productivity level is almost unbeatable. It also gives high maneuverability compared to similar competitors.
6. Husqvarna Z254 54 In. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower
- TimeCutter SS4225 42 in. 22-HP Kohler Zero-Turn Riding Mower with...
With the Husqvarna Z254 54 inch mower, lawn maintenance will be a fun ride rather than a tiring chore. Mowing your turf with this incredible machine will be a piece of cake with the 6.5 mph speed that can mow 2.8 acres in just an hour’s time.
This heavy duty mower has all the expected facilities necessary for ultimate ease of maneuvering – from the powerful Kolher 26 Hp V-twin Engine, Dual Hydro EZT transmission feature to the Air Induction technology.
This great mower holds tremendous value for your investment and the only regret you’ll have is that you didn’t buy this sooner.
The powder-coated reinforced steel stamped cutting deck with 11 gauge thickness and 6 different lever positions give you the desired amount of control and comfort over your mower. The deck positioning also allows a swift turn on a dime.
Specifications and Features
- The Kolher 7000 series engine provides 26 horse power and 747cc, all while operating with minimal noise, unbeatable power and maximum durability.
- 6 cutting height positions ranging from 1.5 to 4.5 inches, along with electric blades engagement for higher safety. (Triple blade cutting system)
- To reassure your peace of mind, it comes with an automatic park brake system that engages when the levers are moved outwards and vice versa.
- Superior ‘Air Induction’ mowing technology – draws air from the top and bottom of the deck to give you the finest cuts.
- The steel cutting deck is reinforced with heavy flat-stock steel for extra strength on the trim side and edges.
- Includes headlights to enable you to mow freely in the cool night atmosphere without the fear of running over anything.
- Maintenance free-transmission – one less thing to worry about!
7. Snapper 560Z Commercial Lawn Mower
- The integrated cargo bed dumps to the rear for easy clean-out and...
- Built for high-performance applications, the...
- Commercial-inspired components such as rugged 1.5'' x 2'' Steel front...
- Wide, 61” fabricated mower deck made from thick 10-gauge Steel with...
- Easy-to-use lawn mower controls, including a fuel-level indicator, are...
Like all of Snapper’s tractors and lawn mower equipment, the 560Z is designed to be as simple as it gets. Featuring plenty of beneficial extras, as well as all the necessary equipment to make mowing the lawn much easier, it is the ideal purchase if you are looking for the simplest solution. With easy-to-use controls, simplified maintenance, and versatile extras, it is a brilliant investment, especially for landscapers.
The Snapper 560Z is sold in four optional choices, one of which is fitted with a Kawasaki 24HP engine, while the others are fitted with either a 24HP or 25HP Briggs and Stratton engine. It is also available in variable deck sizes ranging between two options of either 52 or 61 inches. Regardless of what option of engine and deck you use, the 560Z will mow down any lawn in no time and with little effort.
All of the available models feature an all-steel welded construction that is tough and reliable and will ensure long years of service even on rugged terrain. All the available models also come standard with Hydro-Gear ZT-3200 transaxles that will provide smooth cutting even when changing directions or at variable speeds. It also comes with an optional cargo deck that tilts to the rear when dumping, making it easy to clean and off-load. This feature is ideal for transporting tools, equipment, and other gardening supplies.
The 560Z also features steel front axles and a wrap-around front steel bumper to ensure that it can handle any terrain and all the duties that would be expected of it. The fuel tank is also fitted with a wide-mouth gas fill to reduce spillage and ensure that it is filled easily without any difficulty. With all the features packed into the Snapper 560Z, it is the best choice for landscapers and a convenient solution for any homeowner that has between 3-5 acres. Keep in mind, the price will increase if you buy all the added extras.
- Fitted with a variety of engine choices ranging from 24 to 25 horsepower
- Deck sizes range from 52 inches to 61 inches, both large enough to make any lawn easy to mow
- Rugged all-steel construction that is guaranteed to provide lifelong service
- Features high-performance transaxles and a steel front bumper to ensure it is capable of handling tough terrain
- Simplified design and extra features that makes it easy to use and a convenient solution
- Models with additional features like the cargo bed will cost more
8. Husqvarna MZ61 Commercial Lawn Mower
- 24 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and high ground...
- Roll-over protection system (ROPS) ensures safer operation in all...
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 61 in. cut...
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple...
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration...
Husqvarna’s MZ series of lawn mowers are designed to provide the ultimate in performance and convenience. The MZ61 is no different, and with a wide 61-inch cutting deck, it provides the best performance in the whole series. Powered by a strong and reliable motor, it is designed to mow through any lawn effortlessly and is ideal for large commercial work or residential convenience.
The Husqvarna MZ61 is fitted with a 24HP Kawasaki engine that provides reliable power with easy start-up and high ground speed. It features an 11-gauge steel cutting deck that measures 61 inches and that is easily adjusted from the operator’s seat by convenient and easy-to-use controls. This will help it mow through tough jobs far quicker and easier than any traditional mower.
It features a steel rollover protection system to ensure safety on any terrain and easy recovery if the machine were to tilt over. This model also features a high-back seat that is made for comfort. The seat features vibration dampening technology, as well as armrests and foam-padded hand grips on the controls, all to provide comfort and ergonomy for the operator.
The MZ61 is constructed with a durable, all-steel, oversized chassis and frame, providing ensured durability that will last through the toughest jobs and provide excellent service season after season. This mower has extra-large wheels and a durable axis that provide the MZ61 with all-terrain maneuverability, allowing it to cut where other machines would fail. It also features a mulching kit and bagger attachments, but these would have to be bought separately if desired.
- Constructed with a tough, durable, all-steel frame and chassis
- Powered by a reliable 24HP Kawasaki engine that features easy start-up
- Comes with a 61-inch, 11-gauge, steel cutting deck
- High-back seating and ergonomic controls provide the operator with unmatched comfort
- Designed for all-terrain mowing and features vibration reduction technology
- Mulching kit and bagger attachments are sold separately
9. Swisher Commercial Pro Rough Cut Trailcutter
- 14. 5 HP (603cc) Kawasaki electric start engine
- Single-point Height adjustment - 3-in to 7-in range
- 2. 5 gallon fuel capacity
- Heavy duty stump jumper and 2 break away swinging blades cut most...
- Standard lawn and garden Battery not included
The Swisher RC14544CPKA is a trail cutter that is designed for heavy-duty performance but requires a vehicle to drag it along, it is also lower priced. For those who want to save the cost of using a mower that would be heavier on fuel, a trail cutter is an ideal option. By using the motor of a mower to only power the blades and not drive the machine, you will save plenty of money on expenses. Meanwhile, you will still be able to get the job done as quickly and easily as you would with any other commercial mower.
The Swisher Pro Rough Cut is fitted with a 14.5HP Kawasaki electric start engine, which is dedicated to providing blades with heavy-duty strength. Combined with twin blades and a heavy-duty stump jumper, it takes little effort for even the toughest jobs, effortlessly cutting through stumps as thick as 3 inches in diameter.
It easily attaches to any ATV or UTV, with an all-new hitch design that is improved for easy maintenance and tougher durability. The hitch features articulating functions and is fitted with a tough, 2-inch ball coupler that is constructed from strong materials.
The hitch also offers easy, tool-free adjustment and can fold up to save storage space. It features a remote operation control console that allows you to engage and disengage the mower from a safe distance. With the relocated battery and solenoid, you can also enjoy the benefits of tool-free access to the battery. It is also protected from damage and other elements, making it more reliable than other models. Unfortunately, the U1L required battery is not included and has to be bought separately.
- Improved hitch design that easily attaches to any ATV or UTV towing vehicle
- Hitch is fitted with articulating adjustments, allowing it to fold up for easy storage and unlimited adjustments when operating
- Blades are powered by a dedicated Kawasaki motor that provides 14.5HP and features an electric start
- Remote control console allows the operation of the machine from a safe distance
- Saves you money on fuel and reduces the overall operation cost
- Battery is not included and requires separate purchasing
10. Simplicity 2691318 Courier Mower
- The exclusive suspension comfort System complete with front or front &...
- A fully-welded steel frame, thick-walled pivoting front axle, durable...
- Trusted, durable and powerful engine options from both Briggs &...
- Easily adjust between 13 different height-of-cut positions from 1.5 to...
If you are looking to focus on something simple that will not compromise the cut quality or the beauty of the lawn, then Simplicity is the manufacturer to trust. Like all their creations, the 2691318 Courier Mower is designed for simplified use rather than fancy gimmicks that do little to improve the quality of your lawn. Opting for more practical features, the Courier Mower is the best choice for those looking to buy a simple but efficient commercial lawn mower.
The Simplicity Courier Mower is constructed to be smaller than most commercial lawn mowers. This reduces the space it takes up when being stored and creates a far more durable machine. It is constructed with a fully-welded steel frame that is both tough and reliable and will ensure that it provides years of service. It also features an exclusive suspension system that is available in two options, specifically front or rear and front suspensions.
The suspension comfort system can reduce up to 25% of the impact, mostly depending on the conditions of the lawn. It comes with available choices in engines ranging from 21.5HP to 25HP Kawasaki or Briggs and Stratton and deck sizes of 42 to 52 inches. Also, it is designed to take on any lawn and mow through tough conditions effortlessly. It also features durable deck construction on all models, as well as ball-bearing equipped spindle castors.
These will ensure it provides high-quality cutting for years to come. An optional cargo bed is available on the 2691318 models, but it will cost you more to have it included. The different motors and deck sizes will also cost more if you opt for stronger and larger ones.
- Constructed from an all-steel frame that is fully welded to provide lasting durability
- Features an exclusive suspension system that reduces up to 25% of all impact
- Available with optional Kawasaki or Briggs and Stratton motors
- Takes up less space due to smaller, compact design
- Ball-bearing fitted spindles ensure the blades will provide lasting cutting quality
- Optional cargo bed available at a higher cost
- Variable deck sizes and engines increase with price as they increase in size and power
What are Zero Turn Mowers and Why Are They Special?
Zero turn mowers will mow perfect lines in your lawn, giving it a dream look. Be it for commercial or residential purposes, zero turn mowers are the absolute choices when it comes to replacing traditional lawn tractors or push mowers that are slow and arduous to use.
Zero turn mowers are advanced pieces of machinery that will clear your lawn in the fastest way possible. So, basically, you can clean your entire lawn in half the time traditional mowers take. Speaking of push mowers, the effort it takes to get those perfect mow lines is so immense, isn’t it?
Ask yourself…is it actually worth the time and effort you put in? Let’s understand what makes zero turn mowers so special and different from traditional mowers:
- They offer a high-level of efficiency and productivity, compared to traditional ones, especially when it comes to mowing lines.
- They offer high maneuverability, making them a popular choice for residential purposes.
- They save a ton of time and effort in comparison with traditional or push mowers.
- They offer more than one speed transmission feature, enabling you to mow the lawn at different speeds.
- The bagging systems of zero turn mowers are excellent compared to any other type of mower.
- The ride on zero turn mowers are much more comfortable and steady.
- The time consumed in the overall process of mowing and then collecting the leftovers from the baggage is comparatively low.
- The service components, in terms of zero turn mowers, are easily accessible locally. This is what makes them a more convenient choice for buyers.
- They offer great value for commercial and residential purposes.
- Operational fatigue is reduced quite a bit in zero turn mowers.
Commercial Zero Turn Mower Safety Tips
Zero turn mowers are known to deliver the job quickly. But, like any other mowers, it is crucial for the owners to operate them carefully with the necessary precautions to avoid accidents.
Following these safety tips will guide you to operate the mowers the right way:
- You must keep the ROPS in a fully raised position in order to protect yourself. Please note that ROPS cannot be used for protection if the position is folded or only partially raised.
- Please do not to remove or bypass any of the safety devices provided, such as the ROPS, deflector shield and interlocks. When you are just about to operate the mower, ensure that all equipment is in functional condition and are being utilized fully.
- You must train to keep the speed of the mower under control. Since these are zero turn mowers, they react on the turn at a dime. So, do not put too much pressure on the control levers. Kindly practice yourself to operate the levers smoothly.
- If you’re planning on mowing hills, ensure that you do not mow slopes that are over 15 degrees as most zero turn mowers are not compatible with such angles.
- The movements of the mower must be steady and deliberate. Do not take speed suddenly or change directions in a rushed manner. Maintain constant stability as much as possible.
- Last but not least: do not forget to tighten your seat belt while you are operating the mower!
Wrapping it Up
For whatever purpose you would want to invest in a commercial lawn mower, these fine products will have all of your needs covered. Whether for residential use on an extra-large lawn or for a landscaping business, there is bound to be an option that will strike your fancy. Feel free to purchase one today, and enjoy the comfort and convenience that these machines were designed for.
By now you would have at least a couple of choices on your mind already. If you can picture yourself mowing your pastures with the right choice of mower, go ahead and make a great investment. Make sure you choose one that suits your needs, budget, and most importantly your gate’s width!
You don’t want to buy a 60 inch mower when your gate’s width is just 32 inch. Save the post-chaos by doing your proper research right now. When you’ve purchased your ideal mower and used it, then, the only reason you should be upset is because your grass doesn’t grow faster!
So, depending on your needs, these 5 best rated commercial zero turn mowers can add convenience and never ending enjoyment to mowing.
In conclusion…mow smarter and faster but not harder! Have fun with your new big driving toy!